View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 11, 2005, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackhawk357
The home coach had a hard time excepting the fact that one of his starters had just fouled out. He asked me how much time he had to get a sub, and I said 30 sec.

He sent the sub to the table, I beckoned him in and went to administor the free throw (not knowing that coach A had told the sub to wait until the 30 seconds were up to enter the floor). In the middle of the shooting motion the timer (home administrator) blew the horn and the free throw is an air ball.
I think this is your mistake more than the coach's. You need to see to it that the sub enters when you beckon, and that the time is turned off. Coach was not following the rules, no, but he wasn't delaying the game, either, since you went ahead with the shot. The T would have been appropriate if you had been paying attention, so that the coach would be telling the player to disobey you, in your presence. With you not looking, and the table not understanding the situation, it's just a 'teachable moment" for you, the coach and the table.