Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the NCAA men's rule is different. I think they don't call this PC if the contact happens after the shot is away.
The only difference is that they consider a PC foul differently if the ball is released or not before contact. The basket is counted if contact happens after the release of the ball. But the same protection is provided for the shooter as it relates to an "Airborne shooter." And you still can be called for a PC Foul after the release of the shot as you do in all levels of amateur basketball (NF and both NCAA sides).

Peace
Duh. I totally messed this up. You're right about the airborne shooter. You're also right that it may not be called if it's not severe. But if it's anything, and the shooter is still in the air, then it's a shooting foul, and that is true for Fed and NCAA.
I think Jeff is saying here that under ncaa men it's a PC foul if the shooter makes illegal contact after releasing the ball but while still airborne. If so that's not correct, under ncaa-m a PC foul does not extend to the airborne shooter. Of course under ncaa-m an airborne shooter is considered to be in the act of shooting, as in nfhs & ncaa-w.

My apology if I misread this.