View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

Girls varsity last night - One strong well organized team, one very weak, not sure whats going on team.

After an out of bounds call and a substitution, I give the ball to blue on the endline. The ball is inbounded - I notice a commotion at the home bench and realize I have given the ball to the wrong team. (It seems to happen to me once a year every year and always a girls game - How embarrasing!)

But the fun doesn't stop here. The clock operator takes it upon himself to blow the horn a couple of times, the players stop playing, and now my partner has to blow her whistle to get things sorted out.

I remind the clock operator he is not to stop the play even when the official screws up. I tell the offended coach it was the officials fault the ball was given to the wrong team, and is normally not correctable once the ball is inbounded, but since the clock operator caused enough confusion to stop the play, We will start play by giving the ball to the correct team.

I'm not looking for help or answers here, because I know its my mental letdown during one sided games that permit it to happen. My goal is that during the week at least one of you will remember this post and prevent it from happening to you.

Have fun out there!