Thread: Learn the Rules
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David M
BJV game last night. Coach complained about a no call when a ball was unintentionally kicked. He called a TO and asked me why it was not called. When I explained the kick must be intentional he insisted that if a team gains an advantage the kick must be called. We agreed to disagree on that. Later in the game I called a foul on one of his players for displacing an opponent he was boxing out (he drove him from the basket to the foul line). The coach again complained that his player was boxing out and it is not a foul. As I was walking back after reporting the foul the coach yells at me to "learn the rules." It was hard to keep from laughing as I called to T.
Last night during the game I'm the Trail and the Lead calls a foul on the defense and the ball went in the basket. I signal to my partner that the ball went in. My partner counted the basket, but before the free throw the defensive coach calls time and claims that my partner called it on the floor and not shooting and that I couldn't over rule. I agreed and said I was merely giving my partner some information and it was really up to him and not me. Coach wasted a whole time out over this.