View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 10:48am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

If the official did not hear anything that set Nate off, I don't know how we can expect that a school administrator could have heard it and prevented it.

How about get rid of people that violate the principles of sportsmanship. The IHSA has a statement about sportsmanship that many schools have access to and actually read over the P.A system on a regular basis. I do not expect officials to be paying that close attention to fans. But I have been in many gyms where it is very clear who is saying things out of line and game management stand there and does nothing. Not all games have a few thousand people standing around. Some games you are lucky if you have 100 people. I am grown, I can handle myself. Players at this level are still basically children. I do not expect them to handle themselves with the same attitude that I might have. If high school sports are an extension of the classroom, why would you allow anyone to say things they could not say in that classroom? I have been to many schools where there is a student section and game management is standing right next to this section and get rid or students that violate some codes of conduct. Now what I am saying might be wishful thinking and really is not going to happen. I know if I was in HS and said the things fans get away with at some of these same schools, I would be suspended from school not just the game.

Peace