View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 04, 2005, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
I don't know what was said by the fan, but I think we have some serious issues to deal with when a player from one team is so concerned with the opinions of an opponent's parent that he has to confront him in the stands. I can understand being miffed at getting "disrespected," but an athlete of his apparent caliber needs to be able to have the discipline to let security deal with it.
Where is the self control? The discipline? He's obviously developed the physical discipline to elevate his talent to a very high level, I'm surprised at his lack of emotional discipline.
And his comments about being competitive are a complete non-sequiter here. What "job" was he getting done by answering the disrespect? His actions had no positive effect on his team or the game in question. In fact the opposite is quite obviously the case.
I'm seriously having trouble understanding how being "disrespected" is an offense worth risking a season or hurting your team for.
Understand? Disrespected? Puhleeeeeeezzzzze!

If this issue of "disrespect" isn't one of the biggest crocks of $hit to hit our culture over the last generation then I don't know what is. All this jibberish about getting "dissed" and the fear of being viewed as "weak". If people spent 1/10 the amount of time investing in working on their people skills as they do worrying about who is talking negatively about them then the world would be a better place.

Too much fist pumping, chest thumping, and trash talking.....don't tell me how good you are, show me! Then when you show me TRY to be somewhat humble and act graciously THAT is what will earn you the respect you covet. Peace Out!