View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307
If this is the third or early in fourth quarter Tee him. If there are one or two minutes left in the game especially with a running clock I might be inclined to ignore this just to get the game over with.
What if it's in the first or second quarters? What about overtime? What else don't you call at the end of the game just to "get the game over with" - flagrant fouls, intentional fouls, shooting fouls, timeouts?

You make the same call the same way from beginning to end. That's your job. The coach's intent and behavior would be the same regardless of when he said this, so your reaction and call should be the same regardless of when he said this.
I'm only addressing the issue at hand flagrant fouls etc. are entirley different. Please note I specifically said with 1 or 2 minutes remaining and with a running clock "I may or may not here that remark." We're talking about words. You know sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

As an aside I recall a similar situation lopsided score etc. losing coach behaving himself the whole game made a disparaging mark directed toward me and I'm not sure if anyone else heard it. I said "Coach I didn't hear what you said do you mind repeating it?" If he did I would have Teed him he didn't and I had no more problems. He knew I gave him a pass and that he was out of line.

[Edited by gordon30307 on Dec 31st, 2004 at 03:48 PM]