View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 10:41am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Visiting team is getting thumped. It was something like 49-14 at the half. Just before halftime, there's a foul down at the visiting team end -- a trip, which I call. No problems, it just sets up what happened next.

I call the foul as the lead, switch, and the ball eventually heads down to the other end of the court where I'm, again, the lead.

Visiting player drives the lane and attempts to do a jump stop (picks the ball up, jumps off one foot, and lands one foot at a time). Partner (T) calls the travel -- I was RIGHT behind him had he not gotten this one.

I'm now the trail at the other end of the court opposite the tables, when I hear "That's bullsh1t!" in a not-quiet-voice. Even with a decent crowd, this was QUITE loud. I looked up just in time to see that the head coach was the one who screamed this.

OK, let's play the game of what happened next....there's more, but I'm late for an appointment. I'll finish this later with a reply to the thread.

--Rich
I'm pretty sure he got himself whacked, and then cried about getting a cheap technical. What I'm not sure about is whether he earned himself a seat in the parking lot.

AW