View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 31, 2004, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

I had my first opportunity to put one of my latest theories into practice last night.
For those who don't know, the conjecture is that if the head coach gets disqualified, whoever runs the team in his absence not only doesn't have a coaching box, but also doesn't have the right to request a time-out. All time-out requests from that team must now come from a player since they no longer have a head coach just an assistant running things.

Well, each of my partners in a three-whistle GV game T'd the home coach and he got the gate with 2:44 remaining in the 4th quarter. The second T was for standing up and coaching after receiving the first T. The young lady who took over for him couldn't have been more than 22. She was trying so hard that I just didn't have the heart to ignore her TO requests. They even came from six down to tie the game with 8 seconds remaining, but one confused little girl fouled in the backcourt anyway probably still believing that they were behind. The opponents sank two and won.

How spineless of me, huh?