View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 30, 2004, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Now, many people have said in their responses taht the coach should call a time out to discuss the call. I'm all for that, although I've never had a coach do that, they seem to prefer standing and screaming . But back on topic, I admit that I have screwed up quite few calls (this may be a shock to most people ) and as soon as I make the call I realize this, but people are saying that the coach should try and get the officials to correct the call. Now I've never reversed one of my calls, if I know I made a bad one, while the coach is venting, I'll apologize to him/her for the bad call, but once I make the call, I live with the consequences.

If the officials were to correct the call, what is the procedure they would have to follow??
Are you talking about not seeing a foul or violation, getting the foul or violation wrong, or misapplying a rule?

I hope you are not saying that if you called the ball OOB off the wrong team, or had a back court on a throw in, or called 3 seconds on a throw in, like in this case, you would not correct it.

As for fixing it, a quick explanation, inadvertent whistle and get it back in play.