View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 29, 2004, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Watched the local news last night to see if my game got a mention. It did. But part of the mention was that the Brattleboro jumper to tie it at the end of regulation was actually a 3 to win, but we only scored it as a 2 to tie. Now I have to go to the station and see if they have tape of the game. . . If it really was a 3, I'm gonna be pissed. Shot was taken from the Lead's corner (I was trail). Partner put up an arm after it went in, but never gave a touchdown signal, so I didn't give the signal either. I'm standing right next to the Brattleboro coach, who immediately says "Was it a 3? It was a 3!" After the time expired (less than a second), partner tells me he didn't get a good look at it. I told him I thought he stepped across the line, but I obviously didn't have a great look. So we gave 2. I'm gonna be ripped if we missed it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
The kid got to you Mr. Scrooge.
You think so? I thought my response was actually pretty reserved. I didn't respond to him at all. But I'm not going to accept that kind of crap, regardless of the age of the kid or the game situation. Especially since he was stupid enough to say it to me twice.