View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 27, 2004, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

I have A LOT of respect for most participants here

I agree that years of experience does NOT equate with quality. The potential to improve your abilities as an official each year (game) is available for all officials but not everyone seizes the opportunity.

Unfortunately, a small core of "seasoned" officials take contracts strictly because they have "paid their dues" and NO ONE is going to change the way they operate or force them to delve into a rulebook. I am not a sourpuss, I can overlook a few minor "old school" mechanics, but some of these officials are doing an injustice by staying in the game when their heart is not in it.

Unfortunately, our local association is ineffective in many ways. It is not active in developing young officials, nor does it "police" the officials who should be told to hangÂ’ em up.

In reality, I think that Future909 has a conflict of interest that is impacting the quality of officiating the game that he works with his boss. I would recommend that Future909 opt out of any future games with his boss. It does not appear that Future909 will be mentored by his boss.