View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 24, 2004, 01:42am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

When I read about officials who have to get games from A.D.'s, I feel pretty fortunate to be in a state where our local association does all the assigning.

I'd hate to ref a game and get the feeling (conscious or otherwise) that I might get less games if I gave a deserved technical foul to a coach.

I'd also hate to ref in an area where coaches can have input to my ratings.... seems like giving a well deserved technical foul in that case might hurt too.

Z
I still get games at many schools where the AD/Coach does their own assigning. They need you more than you need them. Trust me on that one. Because if they do not like the job you do, and try not to ask you back, they will see you on the road somewhere. Coaches are paranoid animals. They think everyone is out to get them. Also understand that these schools have to get assignments filled from every level at that school. Sometimes they have to assign the Junior High levels and any other tournament that comes along. If a coach pisses off the officials, they will not go and work any of those games. It is not as easy as you think for them to just not ask an official back. The one thing about assignors is that the official might not ever know he or she has been banned. If that happens with a school and an official, the official knows. Most ADs that I have come in contact with do everything not to piss off the officials because of the ripple affect that might happen if they just ban an official. But until you have been in that system, it is hard to understand.

Peace