View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 21, 2004, 04:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BushRef
Maybe this is where I should play the "I have a retarded niece" card, kind of like the "I can't be a racist cause I have best friends that are black" card.
I have always found it interesting when white male officials come to this site and complain about someone calling them a name that signifies their racial background. You would think the sky just feel in on them and their life is over. I wish I had a quarter every time I officiated and someone made a comment based on what racial group I belong to. When it happens to them "What is this world coming to. You mean there are people that actually do not like me because I am white? That cannot happen."

But when I have a week like I did last week and coaches of different colors were making comments because the officials were all-Black and I mention that, I am playing the race card. One coach could not understand why he could not get Black officials when he played the mostly white schools. Another coach was in "shock" that he had 3 Black officials on his game. I guess you cannot talk about those things because it makes the masses upset.

I understand how you feel. Your picture might have been in bad taste, but there are a lot of things posted here I feel are in very bad taste. It is the internet after all. And people have the right to show their opinions on things. I just find it interesting when you share those feelings, whether it is the situation that happen to Artest or the situation with a parent and a game their child played in, you seem to cannot say what you think without someone saying you are unprofessional or out of line. I guess these are the times we have come to. Keep your mouth shut unless I agree with what you say or do.

Peace