View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 19, 2004, 11:46am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by justacoach
What's with this "on the floor" crap?? I have never seen it on Rules or Case book. I am coaching 11U boys and EVERYTHING is on the floor. Why do so many officials have such a lack of understanding of continuous motion??

Could you please be a little more specific on what "so many officials" means? Exactly how many of us officials really do have a lack of understanding of continuous motion? 10%? 40%? 90%? What is the percentage of officials that actually uses the term "on the floor"? 10%? 40%? 90%? And what are you basing your answers on? Special reports? Polls? Other? And also what exactly don't us officials understand about continuous motion?

We'll probably be able to respond a little bit better after you give us that info.
The essence of my question is how did this term enter the official's vocabulary.

I would expect this would be your cue to expound (from the wealth of knowledge I know you to possess) on the proper rationale for evaluating continuous motion, in terms that a lowly coach could understand.

Strike the reference to 'so many officials' that got your officious dander up. I didn't expect my submission would be parsed as if it were a doctoral thesis.