Thread: Team Fouls
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 19, 2004, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrao
do any of you "give" fouls to the visitors to make the scoreboard look a little better?
As Mark P pointed out, you should not do that. However, I had a partner two seasons ago in a college game who did exactly that. And he wasn't even subtle about it. The foul count was 8-2 with about 4 minutes left in the first half -- in the Home team's favor. The visiting coach got in his ear (How can they only have 2 fouls in 12 minutes?!?!).

Next time the visitors had the ball, this one partner called 4 handchecks in about 20 seconds, making the foul count 8-6, ensuring that both teams were in the bonus. Remember this is the first half, so all these fouls are right in front of the home team's bench. Since we were still sending the calling official opposite the table, I was stuck as the C right in front of the home coach. Oh what fun. . .

It would've been laughable if it hadn't been so embarassing. That official received the lowest rating that I've ever given a fellow official.