Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
True
False
True
I've taken (and passed with a 93) the Part II test, and Tony's nailed it. I got 65 wrong also, and was told that I was over thinking it. Which I think is a very stupid response. They know they can say that to me, because I always overthink everything. So it completely begs the question of why...
To those of us who use & understand the English language the answer is False.

The test question gives AN example from the list of possible differences. In fact the penalty differs depending on what the technical foul is.

It does not give THE (as in an exhaustive list) difference.

I agree with Rich, it's a crappy question that does nothing to test one's knowledge of the rules.

Oh well... :shrug:
I agree with you, Dan. That's why I got it wrong.

Oh, dear! That didn't come out right! Let's adjust the English a little here, too.

I agree with your reasoning, Dan. Unfortunately, when I used that reasoning, I got it wrong. It is not written to test knowledge of the rules, it's just plain a crappy question, just as you said. is that better?

[Edited by rainmaker on Dec 14th, 2004 at 09:21 PM]
By saying that Tony's nailed it, I'm taking it that the answers are TRUE, FALSE, TRUE. Oh well, I can't be perfect all the time, but I know that I know how to administer an intentional foul and how to administer a technical foul, so in my mind the test is the one screwed up, not me.