View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 14, 2004, 04:18pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I'm not looking for answers, rather I'm looking for discussion.

I've gone through the latest, greatest Part II exam, and as usual there are about 3 questions that I simply can't figure out.

(Can't figure out what the test MAKER was trying to say that is.)

These are the three I've left blank:

#6 -- A restraining line may be used as a boundary line when space is limited, and may extend the entire length or width of the court.

(I think this is meant to be true, as it seems to kinda describe what's said in 1-2-2. But worded very weird.)

#55 - A1 may be out of bounds without penalty if A1, while dribbling, goes out of bounds to avoid B1 and then comes back inbounds to continue the dribble.

(This doesn't imply an interrupted dribble, does it? It seems to really make a difference. If not an interrupted dribble, which implies loss of control of the ball, it's false -- 9-3 NOTE)

#65 -- The difference between the penalty administration for an intentional foul and a technical foul is the designated spot where the ball will be thrown in.

Who knows what this means?

I've sent this on to two learned colleagues that frequent this board and, well, they differed in two of their responses. I haven't lost my mind after all. I think.

Please discuss, if you're so inclined. My test has already been stuck in the mail, so it ain't gonna help me at all.

--Rich