Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
No whistle to put a shoe back on UNLESS the shoe presents a danger to the other players.
What a difference in opinion!!! I always whistle for shoe-coming-offness, unless a team is in scoring position.

What about untied shoelaces?
If the ball is dead, I'll delay putting it in play for laces. I'm not stopping the game for a shoe lace.
Oh my, that is very dangerous. If a kid is on defense, he'll try to play like the before he takes himself out of the play to tie his shoes. If that gets stepped on when he's trying to jump, OUCH!!!!!!!
I have been officiating basketball for 13 years, with JUCO, HS, REC, and youth leagues I've probably done 600+ games a year. That's over 7,000 games and I have NEVER seen a player go down because of a shoe lace, NEVER.

If they can't keep them tied and have to stop playing defense, too bad. I've got 9 other players out there with their shoes tied CORRECTLY.

If they can't keep them tied and their team has to play 4 on 5 on offense, too bad, again I've got 9 other players with their shoes tied correctly.