View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 13, 2004, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Working a mens League game this week and witnessed the following situation :
A1 and B1 started jawing a bit at each other and continued it to the foul line . My partner steps in before administering the free throw and tells the players to cut it out which I am fine with . He then proceeds to tell the players in a booming voice (and only 2 spectators in the stands) that this is his game and and he runs this court . He then asks Player A if he is going to listen to him and Player A says "yes" my partner then uses that booming voice to ask the same question of player B who has his head down and does not answer him . My partner then tells the player if he does not answer him that he will send him to the bench for the rest of the game . Player B then in a low voice says "yeah" to which my partner says "I can't hear you" and finally Player B says it loud enough to comply with my partners request .
I understand that this being a men's league game there is a lot more leeway in game management but to be quite honest I found my partner to be extremely arrogant . I did not bring it up to him afterwards because I don't feel I will be able to change his personality .
Without being there do you think my partners words and actions as I have described them were consistent with mens league game management ? Would you have addressed my partner after the game if you thought he was off base ?