View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 11, 2004, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
3 hour drive to VT today. Left at 10:30 for a 3pm game. Home at 8:20. All for that fat $180 check

Anyway, NCAA game this afternoon. I had the dreaded "shot-charge-count it-shoot 1-and-1 at the other end" play.

I was C and had a fantastic look at the whole play. Ball was clearly out of the shooter's hand and defender definitely had position. I know I called it right, I just hate to make that call. I just like the HS rule better. This was only the second time I've ever called this. Other time was a juco game.

Obviously, each coach wanted a moment of my time. I explained to the home coach (who got the basket). He just said, "We get the basket, they get 1-and-1? Ok, I'll take that." Visiting coach (his player took the charge) just asked if I was sure. He wasn't saying I blew it. I just think he couldn't believe that was the rule.

Also called three GT's against the visitors, all against the same kid. He had some hops.