View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 10, 2004, 11:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brandan89

For got to say, after it happen, when i passed the coaches bench he goes "Thats good for you, thats what you get for trying to cheat" I halled off, and nocked the crap out of him........ Nah, thats what i wanted to do tho. Should I have T'd him? How can I cheat, when i know neither team.. Some coaches

[Edited by brandan89 on Dec 10th, 2004 at 10:43 PM]
This would depend on the demeanor and tone of voice of the coach, your rapport with him previous to this, and what you judged his intent was. Only you know the answer to these. Honestly, I thought he was joking by saying you were "cheating" and deserved to fall. By cheating I thought he meant "backpedalling instead of running forward faster to beat the players." (i.e. being lazy). Maybe pulling your chain, not realizing you were really hurting.

You added the part about "knocking the crap out of him," so I guess he was NOT joking. To T or not to T would still be your decision, but sounds deserving here. Hope you heal up OK. And by the way, coaches and fans often think officials are one sided (against them). They don't believe we don't care who wins and you can't convince them of this.