View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2004, 04:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Not sure the law can do anything about this.

I work only Boy's basketball. I personally choose not to work girlÂ’s basketball because I do not like it. Also working both Girl's and basketball games would make me work much more than I am willing to work. Boy's games in our area are usually held on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. If I worked Girl's basketball I would have to work many games on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays which would be much more days that I would desire. I also work 3 sports and I need the off days to do more work to make up for my taking off. I even do not make myself available for Girl's playoffs (which start first) through the state. Not sure how you could make me or anyone that has the other things going on work both. Or for those officials that work college ball, they might work college ball on their off nights or nights when other high school games going on. We are independent contractors and no one can make you do something as a hobby. Just like anyone that is an independent contractor, no one can make them take a job they would rather not do. Many contractors have some specialization or certain type of jobs they can do and others they are not as good at. Officiating is not at all different. You cannot make those do what they are not willing to do or comfortable with.

Peace