Official Forum Member

Re: Further explanation

Quote:
Originally posted by rwest
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
You can't score a basket from an inbounds pass, unless the ball is touched by another player first. It is a violation.

Now a slight retreat, how about inadvertently inbounding the ball threw your opponents basket.

Or....if a player(either team) interferes with the throw-in while it's in the cone over a basket.
JR, What are saying here?

Also, if I inbound the ball so that it is in the cylinder over my basket and the defensive team snags the ball, is this basket intereference? Can it be, since this is not a legal try for goal? Or does that have any bearing on basket interference? If the ball was on a downward flight and the defender grabbed the ball, would this be goal tending?

It is basket interference if a player touches the ball when it is above the cylinder, even during a throw-in. Goal-tending would not be a factor during a throw-in because it has to be a try.

I'm trying to remember now if the BI counts as 2 or 3. I would say that it counts as 2 because it was not an attempt behind the 3 point line. The thrower might have been behind the line but it was not an attempt.