View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 24, 2001, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Well that's clear!

As has been noted you don't seem to want to see both sides of the fence, only the side that benefits you.

As far as mechanics, let me reemphasize.

In every single league that is in existence (or at least in my 23 years of umpiring at every level from NCAA down to t-ball.)

The PU has all fly balls in the infield. .

So if PU has the ball he also has the call. The BU can go get a snicker bar if he wants. If the BU sees something (interference in this case) he can wait and if PU does not make the call he can still call time and after consulting with PU make the correct call. That's what FED wants. Get the call right.

You have called for five years, but consider yourself an expert. Great. There's plently of internet umpires who are also members of that club.

You can learn a lot from the experience on this board, but only if you listen to what others say and then realize there may be a better way than I've done it in the past.

I don't usually waste my time answering post such as yours. I followed your many back-and-forth conflicts on the basketball board and I know your pattern from reading there. See I've only called basketball for 7 years so I read a lot and learn from the guys with more experience.

As Will stated above, I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Thanks
David