View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
And to add insult to injury, it's not only a direct T on the player, but an indirect T on the head coach as well, so he loses his rights to the coaching box & must sit the entire game.

If the dunking player also hangs on the rim, that's another direct T on the player (he's now disqualified) and a second indirect T on the coach.
Tim,

Please tell me that you would not call 2 technicals in that situation and disqualify the player for the entire game for one pregame dunk. You are kidding right?

Z
Didn't say I would, only that's what the rule is...

It's been a test question in the past & probably will be again in the future as FED seems to like to recycle them.

Unless there were extenuating circumstances (like a really bad attitude on the part of the player), I'd just assess the T for the pregame dunk (after all, he only grabbed the rim to keep from squashing his 5'2" teammate getting in position for the rebound), then remind the head coach he also now has an indirect T and has to sit the entire game. The a$$ chewing the kid will probably get from the coach as a result will more than likely curb any future exhuberant displays of prowess, shall we say.......