View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Girls Soph the other night. Held ball (quit laughing) shortly into the fourth quarter. We'd given the ball to white at the quarter, but the arrow still said white. After a quick conference with my partner, I remembered we'd had a held ball already in that quarter, so decided the arrow was correct.
V coach doesn't agree and starts to argue, to no avail. After W1 had thrown the ball into W2 in their backcourt (with no pressure), I hear the horn and look up to see V coach standing by the bench; as if he wanted to request a correctable error.
Knowing it wasn't correctable, I ignored the horn and told the girls to play on.
Should I have stopped play to go through the motions of addressing the coach's "correctable error?"

Adam
If he'd been a real jerk about stuff the whole game, I'd stop the game, listen to him, tell him it's not correctable, and charge him the time-out.
If he'd been mostly okay, but kind of a jerk about this one thing, I'd make the girls play on, as you did.
If he's been basically good to work with, and was obviously new and just didn't know the rules, I'd explain one more time, and then add, "if you still need to talk more, we can do that after the game."