View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Dudly
BITS....I too do not change my officiating to match my partners. I try to discuss it during TO's, halftime, etc... If that does no good I just keep my calls consistant. My challenge always seems to be the coaches trying to pit one of us against the other.
I'm not sure I agree with this entirely.

I agree that if your partner is making the wrong calls, you don't then make the same wrong calls, but if they are calling more marginal contact than you would normally call, you do need to attempt to get on the same page even if that means passing less, because one team may get hurt worse than the other if you are not close to being on the same page.
I agree with you, to a degree. Wrong calls: definitely don't follow him down that path. If he's calling it so tightly that it's negatively impacting the game, I don't think I should follow there either. As far as hurting one team or the other, in this case we were switching so often, and he was reaching far enough, there really wasn't any chance of it all going against one team.

In a less extreme scenario, I would entirely agree with you.