View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Boys JV game last night. I'm working with a partner that, at least in my experience, is notorious for calling everything everywhere. In our pre-game when we talked about what we were each going to work on during the game, his one thing was calling only what mattered.

We had probably 40 fouls called (double bonus both ways 2nd half, nearly in the 1st half too). He had 80-85% of those calls. Some were things in my area I had passed on. Many were things that should have been passed on (IMHO). I brought the issue up a couple of times during time outs, etc.

I could not make myself tighten up my game to match his (nor did I want to). And I couldn't get him to loosen up.

In the end, it was like sensing an impending train wreck and not being able to stop it. With less than a minute to go he ends up having to T a coach for what he said in frustration. Then T's the same team on the throw-in for reaching through the boundary (they'd been previously warned and T'd).

Is there more I could have done to make this situation any better?