View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 01, 2004, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Hey schmitty1973,

You've got another well I guess I'm still a rookie, I also just completed my third season of officiationg. A lot of the things you said are things a rookie really notices during the season. One thing I suggest is a thorough pre-game. When going through it, discuss all these things, like who should be watching what, where abouts you should be standing or running, and what mechanics will be used. At least then you can say that you're on the same page about something.

I'm guess I'm lucky, I haven't had a veteran official over-rule me yet, and I don't intend to. But I have had some talk to me after the game about a call I made or didn't make. It's all in the way the person handles it. I want to know if I screw up, but I don't want my judgement questioned while I'm on the field.

I also guess I'm fortunate to not be working with the same crew all season long. In our association all games are assigned individually. I've worked with a variety of people with a variety of insights. From rookies to vetrans.

I hope you keep it up, and that you'll have a better crew next season.