Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryS
Coach: "I didn't see it."

Me: "I did, and I have the whistle"

Coach: "Why don't you lose the smart *** attitude
If the coach had stopped there, I would've agreed with him. Lose the cutesy comments. They rarely make the situation better, as you've already discovered.
If he would have stopped there...things would have been fine. I had his team in an earlier round two nights before and we had a great interaction.

There were a couple of close OOB calls right in front of his bench that went against him...on the second one he said loud enough for only me to hear "I gotta start screening you on those, we need a couple of breaks"

Second half of the first game one of his girls tried to get an offensive board from behind the defender and the other player ended up in the wall (only about 2 feet away). Partner calls the foul and he says "You need to talk to your partner...she only knocked her into the wall. When we're outta position work with us and let 'em play"

I obsevered him being like that with other officials on Friday. In this case, I would have just assumed he was in a bad mood that day and let it go. Couldn't pass on the F bomb.

BTW, I usually pass on the cute comments unless I have experience with a coach or they demonstrate the don't mind those type of comments...but you do have to pick your spots even with them and I do give them some slack if they respond out of character.