View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 18, 2001, 10:04am
Suppref

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by rocky
okay I know i am a coach and i should stay out of you officials and your discussions but here is a question-- did you notice more teams are using the time to get a replacement into the game as a timeout?? will not this lead to longer games or do i worry about the little things to much, and also in the movie Hoosiers he never replaced a disqualified player "my team is on the floor" does he have to if he has avaialable players? just a thought thanks
rocky,
First and foremost, you are welcome here as a Coach, player or a fan. So keep on reading, asking and answering where you see fit.
Coaches get 30 seconds to replace a player and how they utilize that time is their business because there is no rule against having a team meeting, or going to the concession stand, as long as the team is ready to play in the allotted time.
Current rules require playing with five players, if available. I do not know what the rules were back when....
mick
If the player reports to the table after 5 seconds then play must resume at that time. Rocky, I learned that on this forum, welcome aboard.