View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 19, 2004, 04:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: OPI Call

Quote:
Originally posted by shocker
I have watched the play several times and to me it looked like the defender initiated contact as well.
I really do not know how you came to that conclusion. I realize it is hard to see the tape on this forum and make a determination from our words alone. But the defender was backpedaling the entire play. The receiver went and met the defender and when contact occurred, the defender was knocked off balance, then the receiver made a cut and was wide open. The Kansas receiver had his arms extended in the chest of the defender and gained a huge advantage from that.

Quote:
I think that at the point of the game it should not have been called. Why let OPI go all the time and then late in a tight game you call it?
What does the point of the game have to do with the call? If you do not want to be called for something, do not cause an infraction. I did not see the game, but maybe there was another call during the game that preceded that call? What point of the game should have no influence in the call? If that was OPI in the first few minutes of the first quarter, it should be the same call in the last minute of the fourth quarter.

Quote:
You have to be consistent and that call is not consistent. I think it would have been a good no call. Just my opinion !! I am from Kansas but I bleed black and gold (Wichita State).
What school you cheer for is not relevant to me. I believe that the call was a good one and should be called ever time. The time of the game should have little or no influence on a call. The only thing that should be considered is can the action be seen on tape. It was seen on tape and was a very good call. The contact was not heavy, but it does not take much contact to spring a receiver wide open.

Peace