View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 19, 2004, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by actuary77
Quote:
Originally posted by mdray
if this is not after a timeout, you do not put the ball on the floor; it is a technical foul for the shooter for not being in the semi-circle when the referee was ready to administer the free throw -- see rule 10-3-7 & caseplay 10.3.7
Assume that this was the first of two free throws and it is NOT after a timeout. If I do call a T on Team A (the team not ready to shoot the free throws):

For NCAA, two technical free throws for Team B and play will resume with the remaining free throw for Team A, correct?

For NFHS, two technical free throws for Team B. Will the last free throw for Team A be forfeited or will it be administered and possession automatically given to Team B? [/B]
I can only speak to FED rules (good question by the way);
I would clear the lane and let A1 shoot his/her 2nd free throw and then B shoots the T and gets the ball after the shots; you made me wonder though, what if A1 continues to delay for the second shot?? Is that shot just forfeited or do we have another T on A1?? (Doesn't seem sensible to come out of this situation with an ejection from the game for A1)