View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 18, 2004, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
A similar situation happened to me once, but I was the person being called out for it. Here's the situation:

I used to wear one of the "WWJD" black bracelets around my left wrist from time to time. Wore it out for a game one night. During the introductions of the starting line-ups, one of the coaches came up to me and lodged a complaint to me about my wearing the bracelet. I was rather taken back at first, but I told the coach I was it because of beliefs in God. He still was not happy about it, stating that if players have to have jewelry removed, so do I. My partner and I looked at each other, and went along with his request because we did not want to get the night off on the wrong foot.

Following day, I emailed our state association office, and explained the situation to them. They took a position and wording their opinion correctly enough to me, so that they would not appear to be violating any religion laws. Since then, if I have one of my bracelets with me, I just put in my pants pocket before I go on the field or floor for a game.