View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 18, 2004, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
I have never attended umpiring school before, but have explored the option on two different occassions, and then almost going down last January, but things did not work out for me to go.
However, I have inquired to both schools on seperate occassions, and both times I recieved responses back from Harry and Jim both. They answered my questions thoroughly and completely.
However, if I had to pick one I would probably select Wendelstedt's school over Evans. Simply because of one experience that I had with Wendelstedt's school.
The first time I considered umpiring school, I inquired to both schools via email to recieve the sales pitch from both schools. I recieved a letter/packet of information from Jim Evans about two weeks later.
About two days later, after recieving the information in the mail from Evans school, Harry Wendelstedt called me personally to answer any and all questions that I had about his umpiring school, which I have always kepted in the back of my mind.
Since then, I have always given Harry's school the extra nod because of that phone call that I recieved from Harry personally.
Good Luck at umpiring school this January and let us know how it went for you when you finish.