Thread: overkill
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2004, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

Las Vegas does use the NFHS test, which is why I never opened the one that I was sent (which was just the questions, but he way, I never requested the answers).

I have put in the study time on this and I spent a bunch of hours with it. Frankly, I am expecting a score of no less than 97 (I'm hopeful for a 100; that isnt being boastful its just how I approach things, I dont give things 80% of my effort, I give 100% and I expect 100% results--that is the demand I put on myself). I think with the study I put in I could have taken the test closed book and gotten an 80. There are enough easy ones that it would be hard to miss 20. But I dont know. I didnt take it closed. I literally looked up every single question until I found the actual rule that addresses the situation.

But there is a big difference between knowledge and skill. I am a lawyer so I do well at the book stuff. And as a DA rules are right up my alley. I have also studied the hell out of the mechanics and have read the Referee Magazine Official's Guide (which is so cool) cover to cover. And I have watched NBA games and pretended to be lead or trail and made calls. But that is just learning. Its isnt skill. Unlike a test, which I expect to kick butt, I totally expect to make mistake after mistake on the court on Friday and Saturday (those are my first scrimmages, I am totally geeked!). Because I dont have the skill or the judgement yet. And I dont have any real court time (just some time with one of the vetrans working through things, but there werent any live players and we could stop and redo things--not exactly the same as a real game )

Clark