Thread: overkill
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2004, 07:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stewcall
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Stew, do you write, or usually write, the NFHS part 1 test? Or a different test, like the IAABO refresher exam?

Just wondering.
I believe the VA VHSL took the NFHS exam part 1 and scrambled the order of the 100 question test making 4 different versions of the same test that was taken by our association.
Stew
We (northern VA) took the exam on Monday and we had versions A-D. Same scenario as Stew with someone sitting every other seat - although we were in a HS cafeteria. I thought it was one of the easiest exams I had ever taken. Although, I did a lot more review/study this year than some past years.

During our rules clinic on 6 Nov, the clinician mentioned that copies of Part I were floating around and the VHSL had changed the order of the questions and had "revised" some of the questions. She also told the story of a vollyball official (who apparently always scored high) scored 50 on the exam. When the answer sheet was compared to the original vollyball exam (no questions changed/rearranged), he scored 100. Guess he was good at memorizing.