View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 13, 2001, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Joel

Maybe I am missing something but dont see in what you been told that R1 even left 3rd base early and maybe that why everybody was yelling to throw it to 2nd also unless R1 left very early there is a chance since you have only 1 ump he might not even seen it since he did catch R2 leaving early his vision on F1 on the catch then straight out to R2 leaving early

My opinion is we should never gave the coach any clue there is a appeal situation still available. If the coach comes out yelling while the infielders are still in play than I believe it was Steve M that said ask the closest infielder what the coach was saying then if the infielder repeats the proper appeal ring it up but I dont believe we should ever gave it away

My end of the game routine is same as end of any inning I wait till the fielders leave the playing area and then return balls and get my stuff ready meet my partner by the dugout we are leaving from and exit the field. Once the infielders leave the field of play coach yelling or not all appeals are over with.

At the end of this game in this situation the blue should have verbilize the run counts, verified the score with the scorekeeper and verbilize the final score and BALL GAME

Just my thoughts

Don

[Edited by oppool on Apr 13th, 2001 at 11:56 PM]