View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 15, 2004, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Hey all,

I've decided that it is time to give umpiring school a shot (with the goal of making minors). I already read everything online about both of them that I can find and talked to a couple people in my association, but still haven't chosen one. It is almost time to pony up some money for it, so I'd appreciate any help from people who have actually been.

Anyway, after my research, i've come to the opinion that they are both about equal as far as teaching goes. Is this correct? (i.e. is there one school who really gives you a better chance at PBUC? both websites say that THEY do.) I'm leaning towards Evans, for the simple fact that less people means better odds of being in the top 25.

Any tips at doing well there are also welcome. i realize that the most important thing is probably being 100% confident on the field (or at least give the appearance of it :-)) i know i will do well in the academics portion, i'm the right age and size, but that confidence part is what i will have to work hardest at, being that i am relatively new to umpiring (1 year).

Also, if anyone else is signing up this year, i'd be happy to know who you are...

Thanks for any help...
Ryan