View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 13, 2001, 06:34pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I need some input from some of the fine umps on this site.The other day during a JV NFHS game while doing the bases this is what comes up.R1 is on first and I'm in the slot at second and the runner is stealing second as I get into position on the first base side of second in the outfield and the throw gets away at second.I'm now rounding second as the runner is heading to third.The secondbaseman makes a good recovery and throws to the inside of third base where there is now a bang-bang tag.Being in the outfield with the shortstop in my sight line and being on the run with the body of the third baseman in my way I have a terrible view.I don't see a tag so I look to my b.u. who is in perfect position up the line from home plate.Now I give my partner that look that says please take this call and he just looks at me and kind of tilts his head like no you got it.I didn't see a tag so I signal safe.The defensive team starts screaming she's out so my partner says do you want a appeal and the coach saysyes so with a big flurry he signals out.So did I do anything wrong is my question?