View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 04:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
[/B]

Camron:

For BZ's sake you had better clarify your first point above, I think that you and I would both agree that when A1 picks up the ball two feet from the endline, the official should wait to see if A1 is just going to stand there and waste time or does he immediately move to take the ball out-of-bounds to attempt a throw-in. If it is the former, then the ball can be considered at the disposal of Team A for a throw-in, the ball is now live, and a five second count can be started, meaning that if Team B now makes a request for a timeout it will not be granted. But if it is the latter, then the ball does not become at the disposal of Team A for a throw-in, the ball does not become live, and the five second count should not start until A1 is out-of-bounds and no part of him is touching inbounds; until this happens if Team B makes a request for a timeout, it should be granted.

[/B][/QUOTE]Lah me.

Still no rules citations to back up any of your suppositions, Mark. Any specific reason for that? Maybe because there aren't any?