View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 11, 2004, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Up to 10 varsity games? In the same area? Wow.

Up to 10 varsity games? In the same area? Wow.

(Just checked - there are 27 varsity PLAYOFF games being played in the area serviced by my Official's Association this weekend --- this is down dramatically from the 70 or so officiated by our association on a normal week (and attended by 10-15K))

McCrowder,

Considering that the area I am from is roughly 30 miles in diameter, and the fact that the total population is around 350,000 people having 10 games on one night is a big deal. You have to keep in mind that no where in Iowa and Western Illinois is there a big city (Dallas, Houston...) to draw from. Therefore, I find it hard to accept your prior apologies as if you knew you were being harsh, there was no reason to word your response the way you did. Texas may be a big state, but I have found from living in various parts of the country that Texans are all alike. They're mouths are as big as the state. I don't want to make this a personal thing, as by reading this site all year I have come to respect your opinions on the ruls and application there of.