View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 11, 2004, 04:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
I apologize in advance for the following obnoxious and condescending post:

Up to 10 varsity games? In the same area? Wow.

(Just checked - there are 27 varsity PLAYOFF games being played in the area serviced by my Official's Association this weekend --- this is down dramatically from the 70 or so officiated by our association on a normal week (and attended by 10-15K))

The comment about "Why don't they talk more about football outside of Texas" reminded my of my aunt complaining that no one talked about Oklahoma Women's basketball 25 years ago. When I reminded her that they don't play REAL basketball, and made up their own rules that were different from the rules that most people know, she still didn't understand why that would matter.

Use Real Rules, and you can call it Real Football.

(Rant off, and yet another apology - it came out even more obnoxious and condescending than I thought it would).
Texas football is big, I will give that. 10,000 fans for a high school game? That's all right. Should come up to Oklahoma and see the Jenks/Union game with 40,000+ that is being shown on ESPN nationally. I also know that 2 "very good" Houston teams came up to play 2 Oklahoma teams (Union and Muskogee) and hand their rearends handed to them. Oh and this is not the first time Union has whipped up on Texas teams (and to think that Union is not even the defending state champ nor really the "favorite" to win it this year as Jenks is.)
I won't comment on the use real rules part since 48 states use Federation rules and 2 do not. Well maybe I will. Could it be that Texas officials, coaches and players are too stupid to handle the "tougher" Fed rules??? I doubt that as I know a number of them on this board seem intelligent. Maybe it was just the person I quoted in this post.

Sorry to all others, especially the good officials in Texas for having to read this. I really do have great respect for Texas football and the passion for the sport there. Hopefully Mr Crowder's inflated ego does not get onto a football field.

[Edited by cowbyfan1 on Nov 11th, 2004 at 05:02 AM]

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.