View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 10, 2004, 07:58am
Official Forum Member

Please except my apology

Mr Irishmafia. I must have caught you on a bad day or simple hit a raw nerve. My purpose of this post certainly was not to have anyone respond in the language and sarcasm of which you have displayed. That normally I don't believe is your style. As my original post said "thank you for letting me rant". I certainly do believe in the rewritten rule I simple think that it is not being applied correctly in many cases. I think that umpires are "giving away" too much. I've seen it as an umpire and as I'm sure you can see by my post most recently as a coach. I am very good friends with the umpire that, I BELIEVE, called it incorrectly. I just don't think this re-write was done to take away the from normal or past flow of a tag play.
I must ask something though in response to your last post. I do not know currently from what part of the country you are from but do you get a lot of players and coaches that attend umpire clinics and meetings? While they are still coaching and/or playing? In Indiana we do have the requirement of all high school coaches attend one (1) rule interpretation meeting each spring that is the only instance I see alot of coaches attending such meetings.

[Edited by Bandit on Nov 10th, 2004 at 08:04 AM]