View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 08, 2004, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Not enough information

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
A1 is driving for a layup. B1, who is following, screams right in A1's ear as A1 is about to shoot.

Do you call a T on B1 for UC? Do you wait to see if the shot goes in? Would you call it differently at "lower levels"? We had a discussion about this at last night's meeting.
Many years back.... Having been the recipient of the screaming of an immature putz of a self appointed drill seargent type, I know that screaming in someone's ear can cause serious pain and possible damage.

I'm leaning towards the "KNOCK IT OFF" response. However if I felt pain was inflicted and it was a blatant unsportsman-like act, I might just as likely call a flagrant foul and eject. In that case I would consider it a safety issue and justify to the coach that this act could potentially inflict permanent damage - I don't realistically see this ever happening; if the defender is close enough to be nibbling on his ear, then the defender is close enough to play some legitimate defense.