View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 01, 2004, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
I'm curious why U felt the need to ask that question. I continue to hold that everyone is better off simply treating the Knee Play as a normal play, and doing otherwise is asking for trouble or giving one team or the other an advantage.
I am with mcrowder. As ump I only remind B to keep it clean as I walk away from ball after RFP. In fact in the playoff game we had Sat. night (2nd level) B lineman actually asked A QB if they were taking a knee (A leading 28-7 with 20 seconds left). A calmly answered yes, B said thanks, told his teammates to watch it, a knee was taken and game ended nicely. After the earlier discussion on this I was a little nervous on what might happen.

The game was clean and well played, with little trash talking, although, I did mention to the WH that both teams had at least one player that was very adept at the "Eddie Haskell". They would very kindly say something to the opponent that you just knew was meant to mean something else.

I am now finished for the season. Had 2 playoff games (what an honor). Can't wait for next year.