Thread: Key to Part 1
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 11:21am
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Seems to be some double standard here.

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
I will respond to your latest tome in next. I just noticed another thread...is their an NCAA test for basketball officials? I could have sworn you said that the only test you are required to take was Fed.
There are NCAA Tests that you can take. If you attend a NCAA Rules Meeting you can get a copy of the test in the Official's Manual that they give you. It is an open book test and if you choose not to take it you do not have to. It has nothing to do with assignments unless an assignor decides to use it for some reason. But if that is the case, it is an open book test. You can confirm, confer with other officials to get the answers. You know the same thing you call "cheating."

It is required to take a test, but the same rules apply. You or anyone else has yet to show me a rule that state it is against any rule to share answers or result. There no rule with the NF and there is not IHSA rule that covers this. The IHSA set guideline with our rating system because they felt some rules were violated. They have done no such thing. I have attended two Rules meetings and have yet to hear any comment about the test and how to not violate any rules. If what I have done is cheating, so it when guys give people the answers when they ask a specific question off of the test. I know when I was in college I could not share on answer to benefit my fellow classmate in any way when we are in the classroom taking a test. I do not see you jumping on those that have asked for the answer to a question or giving the answer with the test still out. If the playoffs are such a concern, then that one or two answers might help someone get extra points. Why are that OK, and what you claim I did is wrong? So I guess I can do half the answers on my own and get the other half thru the internet by asking questions and that is OK, but giving out the answers without the questions to folks in states that do not use the same test for the same purposes as they do in Illinois is wrong?

I see it is all based on your opinion, not any legal rule or code that is followed.

Peace