Thread: Key to Part 1
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 11:28am

You knew exactly where yur answers were going?
Several IHSA members have pseudonyms and I saw several on this site. Are you sure that what you transmitted was not given to anyone that could use it to cheat? I didn't think so.

Lest anyone be confused, the IHSA policy does use the Part 1 score as one of the factors in slotting officials for playoff assignments. The equation has many factors, true. But, if Joe is equal to Bob on the coaches ratins, Top 15 lists and past playoff experience, this score can mean the difference between who gets the assignment. Let's say Joe, (like most of us) takes the test and scores a 90. he got tripped up on a couple of "word issues" and didn't really check into the new rules like he should have. But he's a pretty good official and was fortunate enough to be assigned a nice Regional contest last year. Bob, on the other hand, got the answers from Jeff and turned in a perfect score. When the decision is made, all things being equal, who do you assign? Remember, we have a lot of guys working out there and not all have been seen by the powers that be. For A Sectional assignment, the Assistant Director will look at the computer generated scores and figure, "This guy must really be on the ball. Four straight years of 99's and 100's."

I ask you, is it so innocent now? Aren't officials supposed to penalize those that cheat and are found out?