Thread: Key to Part 1
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2004, 05:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

I missed this post.

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Why so defensive? I know IHSA policy and you just broke it. You really should read the code of conduct for officials.

The Part 1 test is just a study aid, right? Those extra points don't mean much unless you're trying to get an IHSA Sectional or Super-Sectional assignment.
Actually no Windy. Because if everyone is getting the same score or similar score, I am sure you need a lot more than 5 points. You get points for passing the test. You might not get any points in the other categories. Someone has to think you are a good official to work that level of ball, not your power rating. But you knew that right?

Quote:
Dave and Kurt don't advocate disseminating the answers during the testing period. I know that Anthony had a problem with it, too.
Interesting that you have not once mentioned Beth in this discussion at all. Beth is an equal person to Kurt. All four of these individuals that we are talking about all run a sport (Beth as Girl's Basketball btw) or multiple sports. When Dave made these comments, everyone of importance was sitting in the room. Not a single person said a word or disagreed or said anything in opposition. They had every opportunity to do so then in front of official's association representatives and other IHSA leadership. Dave was responding to a question about this issue as well. So it was not like you could take his comments out of context.

Quote:
If it is as innocent as you say, you have nothing to worry about. But, I couldn't help noticing that you are proud to be on the IHSA Officials Convention Committee. I hope this doesn't jeopardize that.
It won't. If anyone had a problem with it, they can call me directly. I just spoke to someone this weekend and they have my number. So report it, they can talk to me. I will see another head clinician on Friday and he can say something to me if he likes. I just find it funny that you are so out of touch it is really sad. You make it sound like I have never had a conversation with any of these individuals or I will not have conversations with them in the future.

Quote:
You see, discussing questions amongst yourselves or covering parts of the test in training sessions is quite different from sending them out to anyone who asks, prior to the end of testing. BTW, in which states is the test closed already? Yes, you have nothing to worry about.
I am responding to you because you are misrepresenting the issue to everyone that can read this post. You have name dropped before to try to scare me in the past and think that means something. It did not do anything the last time you made that threat and it will not do anything this time. If the IHSA does not want us to figure out what the answers are, then they do not have to tell us what our score is until the testing period is completely over. They told me what my score was (as they do with everyone) and showed me my answers. I bounced off my answers as many people do to see which one I got wrong (I had a 99). So keep it up, you are just making it funny for everyone else here with you comical point of view.

And if you think a State Final is determined by the test score, you are further out of the loop than you have tried to represent. The power rating might get you in the playoffs, it sure does not advance your possibilities.

Peace